“Legal, regulatory and technical aspects
of Cloud Computing
in international data transfers”
15 – 22 June 2020
The target group of this workshop include representatives of regulatory bodies, dealing with clould computing matters, telecommunications issues, consumer protection issues, cyber security issues, data protection issues.
At the end of the training, the participant should have gained an understanding
of the key aspects of:
- The concept of “cloud computing”
- The relevant legal framework relating to cloud computing
- Meaning of standardization in the context of securing cloud services
- Risk-based analysis of the application of cloud computing
- Description of participants to cloud contracts and its role in relation to personal data transfers outside the EU
- Adequate level of personal data protection
- The role of regulatory authorities in supervising the transfer of personal data by means of cloud services
- Modelling self-regulation of cloud services
- Methods of cloud audits
- Applications of Binding Corporate Rules to international data transfers based on cloud services
Lecture 1. Description of “cloud computing” in light of its technical characteristics and common definitions
Lecture 2. Identification of the relevant legal framework relating to cloud computing in the context of international data transfers
Lecture 3. Meaning of standardization in the context of securing cloud services on international level
Lecture 4. Risk-based analysis of the application of cloud computing in international data transfers – case studies
Lecture 5. Description of participants to cloud contracts and its role in relation to personal data transfers outside the EU
Lecture 6. Legal, regulatory and practical aspects in determining the “adequate level of personal data protection” of the recipient of personal data
Lecture 7. The role of regulatory authorities in supervising the transfer of personal data by means of cloud services – co-operation including joint inspections of EU and non-EU supervising authorities
Lecture 8. Modelling self-regulation of cloud services – discussing existing and future requirements of cloud providers and cloud clients
Lecture 9. Methods of cloud audits – the aim, scope, procedure and results
Lecture 10. Legal and practical aspects of the applications of Binding Corporate Rules to international data transfers based on cloud services
Dr. habil. Andrzej Krasuski, Attorney-at-law, Lecturer
Attorney-at-law, holding a Doctor Habilitatus in Legal Science degree from the University of Gdańsk, with 24 years of experience in advising clients on complex legal and regulatory matters relating to the TMT market as a partner in international law firms and as the owner of the private legal practice Tel-Lex (www.akrasuski.com).
Successfully assisted clients in completing many sophisticated ventures on the TMT market, including the roll-out of various MVNOs, MVNEs or NGN networks, etc. Very good track record of won court cases (telecommunications law, data protection law and regulations on access to public information) before administrative courts, including the Supreme Administrative Court.
Lecturer on telecommunications law and data protection law at postgraduate studies at the University of Gdańsk, Faculty of Law and Administration.
Areas of specialisation: public commercial law, telecommunications law, regulatory matters, personal data protection, compliance and IT law, including artificial intelligence and cloud computing. Wide experience in advising clients on privacy and data protection related matters, including application of the GDPR to many industries, as well as on secrecy rules, e.g. under telecommunications, banking and insurance regulations.
Author of over 50 academic publications issued primarily by Lexis Nexis and Wolters Kluwer, including a commentary to telecommunications law or monographs on legal aspects of cloud computing, outsourcing, the GDPR, etc.
Cooperates with the National Institute of Telecommunications – State Research Institute (Instytut Łączności – Państwowy Instytut Badawczy) and the ITU Academy (https://academy.itu.int/training-courses/full-catalogue/legal-regulatory-and-technical-aspects-cloud-computing-international-data-transfers and https://www.szkolenia.itl.waw.pl/?s=krasuski).
Recommended in international rankings of law firms, including Chambers Europe (since 2008), as a leading lawyer in the field of Telecommunications, Media, Technology and Personal Data Protection, Best Lawyers rankings, as well as in Polish rankings, including the ranking of Polityka Insight, in the field of personal data protection.
Course Date (Duration)
15 – 22 June 2020 (8 days)
E-Learning Course. The course methodology will be as follows:
- Each day from 15 to 19 June 2020 there will be made available two recorded video lectures, which are recorded in the face-to-face ITU Centre of Excellence workshop organised by National Institute of Telecommunications in Poland. In total there are 10 video lectures during the course.
- Discussion forum will be organized based on discussion topics given on a daily basis, where students are highly encouraged to participate and interact with instructors and other students.
- Quiz test will be assigned on the last day of the course, 22 June 2020.
- All announcements for all events (lectures, quiz and forum) will be given in a timely manner (prior to the event) by the course tutor.
At the end of the course participants will take part in a written test checking the level of knowledge gained during the training.
Registration and Payments
STEP 1 – Login into ITU Academy
In order to access this course you need to have a valid account in ITU Academy. First, you should login into the ITU Academy with your ITU Academy account via the login page: https://academy.itu.int
If you have no valid account in ITU Academy Create new account
STEP 2 – Registration into this course
After login into ITU Academy, select the course “Legal, regulatory and technical aspects of Cloud Computing in international data transfers” by using the link: https://academy.itu.int/training-courses/full-catalogue/legal-regulatory-and-technical-aspects-cloud-computing-international-data-transfers
Subskrybuj nasz Newsletter
Otrzymasz dostęp do darmowych materiałów szkoleniowych
i nie przegapisz żadnej z istotnych naszych inicjatyw.